Advanced web application and software comprise an efficient bi-product of the continuously evolving technology innovations. A bulk of credit for the effective functioning of these modern day applications should go to rigorous software testing and quality assurance. Taking this fact seriously, businesses in today’s competitive world prefer conducting software testing to ensure that their application is capable of meeting the business requirement. Every time I come across any crucial software program, my sole intent to conduct testing and quality assurance is to find software bugs. Both the processes combine together to ensure a perfect software program.
Importance of software testing
Software testing is an inevitable part of the software development life cycle. This is the reason that certain branded companies as well as SMBs prefer having dedicated in-house or outsourced resources for testing software at their end. As an experienced software tester, I believe that it essentially validates and verifies the application to work according to your specific expectations. At the same time, apt testing measures ensure that the software meets the intended purpose flawlessly. In my point of view, five major reasons necessitate the essential requirement of software testing and quality assurance, these include:
- To ascertain that the software does everything according to your specified intentions.
- To ensure that the software works efficiently for hundreds of users and not only for one person.
- To ensure regression testing for instantly shareit for laptop catching the problems before they reach to the users.
- To ensure that the software operates appropriately on all types of operating systems and browsers.
- To ensure uninterrupted and superior quality of experience for the end users.
Different aspects of software testing
While performing software testing, I broadly divide it into different segments, which is in fact the right way of testing an application. Different steps hence include:
- Static testing: Static testing takes place during the process of verification that involves reviewing of documents.
- Dynamic testing: The next segment is dynamic testing, which takes place during the process of validation to demonstrate the running test results effectively.
- Planning: The planning process essentially involves control of test activities, reporting the test progress, and software status.
- Preparation: This includes adhering to the ideal way of selecting the test cases and conditions for effective conduction of the test.
- Evaluation: Finally, the evaluation process unveils the successful passing of the software through the entire testing process.
Importance of quality assurance
Software quality assurance is yet another crucial part of effective software development. It particularly encompasses those activities that ensure superior quality of the software products. As a software tester, it is our responsibility to ensure the quality of the software. It comprises three distinctive activities such as the definition of the process and its implementation, auditing, and training. To brush my software testing skills to the hilt, I have undergone specified training. It helps me define different types of processes and their implementation, which include:
- Methodology of software development
- Project management
- Management of requirements
- Configuration management
- Software designing
However, our responsibility does not end here. As a software tester, it is our duty to identify and rectify the weaknesses existing in the defined process.